The Damage Prevention Committee of Miss Utility of Maryland and Washington, D.C., is pleased to announce its 2016-2017 scholarship program for graduating high school seniors.
Miss Utility will select one student from eight zones covering Maryland and Washington, D.C. to receive a $1,008.11 single-year scholarship. These zones are outlined below:
- Allegany, Frederick, Garrett and Washington Counties
- Carroll, Cecil and Harford Counties
- Baltimore City and Baltimore County
- Anne Arundel, Calvert and St. Mary's Counties
- Howard and Montgomery Counties
- Charles and Prince George’s Counties
- Washington, D.C.
- Caroline, Dorchester, Kent, Queen Anne’s, Somerset, Talbot, Wicomico and Worcester
To be eligible, applicants must be on track to graduate from a Maryland or Washington, D.C. high school in spring 2017, intend to enroll in an accredited two-year or four-year college, university or technical school beginning in fall 2017, and have participated in extracurricular activities. The application review process will consider grades in relevant coursework, personal essay and letter of recommendation.
The application period will run from January 2017 to April 21, 2017. Scholarship recipients will be notified in May 2017.
Scholarship Letter and Application Form
The scholarship letter and the application form can be found here:
Please send application form and attachments to:
Attn: Kim Francois
100 Painters Mill Road #600
Owings Mills, MD 21117
Contact Kim Francois at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (410) 581-5928 if you have any questions.