LOCATOR ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
About the Awards
Since 2003, the Locator Achievement Awards has given organizations the opportunity to recognize the best partners in damage prevention: locating technicians. We all work with dedicated locating technicians who strive to improve the damage prevention process. This is your chance to give these professionals the recognition they deserve.
Up to three eligible locators per region can be submitted annually by the locating company management using a nomination form, which can be downloaded here.
The nine regions are:
- Region #1: Harford & Cecil County
- Region #2: Washington, D.C.
- Region #3: Montgomery County
- Region #4: Baltimore City & Baltimore County
- Region #5: Calvert, Charles & St. Mary’s County
- Region #6: Allegany, Garrett & Washington County
- Region #7: Anne Arundel County
- Region #8: Prince George’s County
- Region #9: Howard, Carroll & Frederick County
The criteria for locator eligibility include:
- Submitted individuals must have performed facility/utility location services as his/her FULL-TIME job in at least one of the above regions from 1/1/2016 – 12/31/2016 AND must have responded to at least 1,500 locate requests during that time.
- Submitted individuals must have been employed by the nominating organization for at least 12 months at the time this form is submitted.
- Locator must have ZERO “at fault” damages for the period of 1/1/2016 – 12/31/2016.
- Locator must have ZERO safety violations within his/her respective organization between 1/1/2016 – 12/31/2016.
- Locator must establish proactive working relationships in damage prevention.
- No more than three (3) locating technicians per region may be submitted.
- You can only nominate your own company employee(s) (i.e. none of your subcontractors or contract locators).
The winning locators are recognized at an awards banquet in late spring. To view past winners, please click here.
DIG SMART AWARD
About the Awards
The MD/DC Damage Prevention Committee holds the annual Dig Smart Awards as part of its quest to promote underground utility safety and recognize contractors who steadily work toward damage prevention. Each year, there are two winners total: one contractor each in Maryland and Washington, D.C.
If your company goes above and beyond to ensure damages are prevented, apply for the Dig Smart Awards by completing an entry form, which is available in early July. Nominated companies are evaluated based on their damage prevention procedures, employee training programs, enforcement of damage prevention laws, and participation in public/government forums, damage prevention meetings and conferences, and trade organizations.
The winning companies each receive two complimentary two-night packages to the Greater Chesapeake Damage Prevention Training Conference in the fall, where they are recognized by their peers as leaders in damage prevention. To view past winners, please click here.